Fire & Smoke Damage
Has Fire Damaged Your Home?
Experiencing a fire in your home is terrifying. Fires often seem to come out of nowhere, and it’s easy to start feeling lost and hopeless even after the fire is put out. Delta Disaster Services has specially trained fire and smoke remediation experts standing by to help you whenever you need us. We’re here to be the first place you turn for immediate help after a disaster.
We’re on-call 24/7 and can arrive at any home within our service area in just two hours or less, so we can start remediation as soon as possible. Our team is trained and experienced in dealing with all aspects of fire remediation: fire and smoke cleanup, odor control and elimination, water damage repair, and more.
Our goal is to make the entire process as easy and stress-free for you as possible. We’ll deal with your insurance carrier to save you the headache. Our estimates are accepted by all major carriers, and our team has an intimate knowledge of the insurance industry. Delta will inspect your home after the fire and give you an industry-standard estimate.
We handle commercial fire and smoke remediation and cleanup as well. We’ll do our part to get you back to business sooner to minimize the financial losses. Delta is here to give you peace of mind during uncertain times.
Our Fire & Smoke Remediation Services:
- Clean and decontaminate the entire building
- Smoke odor neutralization and smoke damage clean-up
- Soot removal
Most home fires start from everyday tasks including:
- Stove or grease kitchen fires
- Dryer lint trap
- Holiday decorations
- Poorly maintained extension cords
- Fireplaces and wood burning stoves
- Combustible insulation
- Playing with lighters, candle, matches, cigarettes, etc.
What to do after a fire (light impacted structures):
- Call Delta Disaster Services immediately.
- Limit your movement throughout the home or business to prevent soot from being further embedded into carpets and other soft surfaces.
- Place clean towels on rugs, upholstery, and carpet in high-traffic areas.
- Wash houseplant’s leaves on both sides.
- Change your HVAC filter.
For heavy impacted fire follow the directions of the fire department on securing your property and protecting your family.
What NOT to do after a fire:
- Don’t try to wash your walls or shampoo your carpet. It can make things worse if done improperly.
- Don’t try to clean any electrical appliances that were close to fire or heat.
- Don’t use any canned or packaged food or beverages that were stored near fire, heat, or water.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures and stay out of rooms where the ceiling is sagging.
- Don’t send your clothes to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning can set the smoke odor further.
Don’t Know What to Expect? We’ll Walk You Through Our Process:
- We are available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No matter when you have an emergency, Delta Disaster Services is standing by to help you.
- No matter when you call, we will have someone at your home within two hours. That’s our policy.
- When our experts get to your home, they will make an initial assessment of the damage and loss.
- Then, they’ll outline a scope of estimated work and the work order for you to review and sign, so we can begin mitigating the disaster.
- Now, we can start the remediation process.
- From here, we will constantly monitor the remediation process from moment to moment to make sure our equipment is getting the job done as quickly and efficiently possible.
Peace of Mind Starts with Delta
We are highly trained and certified in disaster mitigation, remediation, and cleanup. We are also intimately familiar with the insurance industry and will work closely with all insurance carriers to ensure a fair, reasonable settlement is reached and that the process is as smooth and efficient as possible.